A unique location nestled between Old Town’s iconic cobblestones to the north and the Potomac’s storied banks to the east, this boutique hotel showcases the neighborhood’s dynamic allure. Within charming surroundings of Alexandria, in the middle of one of the busiest ports in America, Hotel Indigo is an enclave of colonial treasures and historic waterfront architecture, which is evident throughout the hotel. Take in views of the river from the guest rooms or from the restaurant overlooking the water, then head out to explore the quaint streets of Alexandria, once home to George Washington, Robert E. Lee, and Jim Morrison.
The hotel includes 121 rooms in all, including 43 waterfront-facing rooms, 67 city-facing rooms, and 10 patio-facing rooms. Restaurant Hummingbird Bar & Kitchen, run by Chef Cathal Armstrong of Restaurant Eve, Eamonn’s, PX, and Society Fair, is also located on-site. The restaurant features a seafood centric menu, a raw bar, and a full cocktail menu. It is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
The hotel is part of a larger redevelopment of the waterfront, spearheaded by Carr, that includes residential and retail development, a fitness center, business center, and two meeting rooms.
In addition to other amenities, there’s also a library, an outdoor patio, and a small market in the lobby stocked with baked goods from Together We Bake and Society Fair, beer from Port City Brewing Co., and candy from Blüprint Chocolates.
Enjoy a leisurely bite to eat at the on-site restaurant, or have a drink at the bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with room service. Start your day off with breakfast which is available for a fee.
The 121 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including coffee makers, free newspapers, and laptop-compatible safes. Forty-two-inch flat screen TVs come with digital channels, and guests can stay connected with free Wi-Fi and wired internet. Beds sport premium bedding and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Other amenities include phones, ironing boards, and desks.
Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria features a fitness center, free Wi-Fi in public areas, and two meeting rooms. Valet parking is offered for $34 per night. Staff members are on hand to provide dry cleaning/laundry services, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a 24-hour business center, a library, and free newspapers.
Nearby Places of Interest
• Athenaeum: 3-min walk, 0.1 mi/0.2 km
• Market Square: 6-min walk, 0.3 mi/0.5 km
• Lyceum: 9-min walk, 0.4 mi/0.7 km
• George Washington Masonic National Memorial: 9-min drive, 1.5 mi/2.5 km
• Tanger Outlets: 13-min drive, 5.3 mi/8.6 km
• Birchmere: 15-min drive, 3.7 mi/5.9 km
• United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: 15-min drive, 6.6 mi/10.7 km
• Tomb of the Unknown Soldier: 16-min drive, 7.1 mi/11.5 km
• Lincoln Memorial: 17-min drive, 7.4 mi/11.9 km
• Vietnam Veterans Memorial: 17-min drive, 7.5 mi/12 km
• National Museum of Natural History: 17-min drive, 7.4 mi/11.9 km
• National Museum of American History: 17-min drive, 7.4 mi/11.9 km
• Jefferson Memorial: 17-min drive, 7.1 mi/11.4 km
• Topgolf Alexandria: 17-min drive, 7.2 mi/11.6 km
• National Academy of Sciences: 17-min drive, 7.6 mi/12.2 km
• Hirshhorn Museum: 18-min drive, 7.2 mi/11.5 km