As an industry pioneer, SH Hotels & Resorts is committed to the health and safety of their team members and guests. Each property, including 1 Hotel Central Park, has a newly implemented role, director of environmental health and safety, who serves as a resource for guests and oversees the implementation of our new procedures. Additionally, we have enhanced our contactless solutions to include keyless entry, messaging to the front desk, local restaurant guide and more through the 1 Hotels app.
These procedures have been put in place to ensure guest and team member safety:
- Prior to returning to work, all team members will be required to complete new onboarding and ongoing training sessions and pass a written exam on the new safety protocols
- All guest rooms, elevators and public spaces will be completely sanitized using hospital-grade EPA approved agents and virus-eliminating UV technologies
- The main property entrance has been outfitted with a thermal temperature scan that everyone must pass through. If a temperature of over 100.4 F registers, the guest will be discreetly escorted to a private area with the director of environmental health and safety for an additional temperature check. If the temperature is confirmed, hotel guests may quarantine in their room. Individuals who are not guests will be required to leave the property
- Team members will also have their temperatures checked upon arrival at the employee entrance. If a temperature over 100.4 F registers, the team member will be asked to return home, quarantine and consult a medical professional
- Masks must be worn at all times on property. If a guest or visitor does not have one, one will be provided
- All public and team-member areas will offer hand sanitizer stations
- Social distancing and sanitation guidance signage is posted throughout the property
- Elevator capacity will adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Elevators will be sanitized with hospital-grade EPA-approved agents and a UV Technology Wand on a regular basis
- All guest rooms have been outfitted with keyless entry to allow for a contactless arrival
- Guest rooms feature large windows which allow fresh air to circulate
- Upgraded guest room HVAC system with hospital-grade MERV 13 filters to help filter out any particulates that may interfere with allergens
- We have partnered with Dyson to provide additional in-room air filtration systems with UV and HEPA filters, available upon request
- As per previous SH Hotel & Resorts protocols, air and water quality will be tested both prior to reopening and regularly thereafter.
PREPARING OUR PROPERTY FOR REOPENING
The Hotel has received a certification of the completion of disinfection services. While the hotel was closed, extensive preventative maintenance of the building’s systems was completed to ensure the hotels are performing at the highest quality. Prior to reopening, a third-party laboratory verification company tested the indoor air and water for quality according to Environmental Protection Agency and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning standards. These activities will continue on a quarterly basis.
All guest luggage that enters the hotel will be sanitized curbside using UV technology, and if bell service is requested, additional UV sanitization will be completed prior to your belongings entering your room. Guests will be welcomed with a personal protective equipment (PPE) kit. Upon entry into the hotel, all guests and visitors will pass through the Thermal Temperature Scan. Guests are encouraged to download our 1 Hotels App to allow for contactless communication, i.e. keyless entry, front desk messaging, concierge support, submit service requests and check out of the hotel.
To ensure a comfortable guest experience, rooms will remain unoccupied for up to 48 hours in between stays, when possible, and sanitized using both Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -approved cleaning agents and activated oxygen sanitizing agents. As guests arrive in their room, they will notice a seal on the door. Cleaned rooms will then be closed with a seal that the guest will break upon entry. Housekeeping will change PPE after every room cleaning. High touch point objects, including the remote and phone, will be cleaned and placed in drawers to signify they have been sterilized. Other high touch point objects, such as throw blankets and decorative pillows, have been removed.
Upon arrival on property, team members will have their temperature taken, uniforms will be cleaned using CDC approved detergents and each team member will be equipped with their own hand sanitizer and PPE (including masks) which will be worn at all times.
At 1 Hotel Central Park, Jams NYC by Jonathan Waxman and in-room dining are currently closed. A list of local eateries will be provided on the 1 Hotels app and the concierge will be available to assist with reservations.
Once open, updated and adjusted spacious floor plans allow for dining at a safe distance, away from any other patrons. The serving team members will wear masks and gloves at all times and kitchen staff will practice rigorous cleaning processes. In addition, the management team has undergone ServSafe® certification, ensuring enhanced safety training and educational materials. As a precautionary measure, all family style and buffet dining experiences will be eliminated.
Updated floorplans and advanced technology will enable groups to eat and meet safely. Banquet teams will wear masks and gloves at all times during your event. Curated menus designed for Covid-19 compliant display and setups are available. All event spaces will undergo rigorous cleaning processes using CDC-approved cleaning products. Glove and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event spaces.
Social distancing and sanitation guidance will be provided through lobby hosts, signage and monitored throughout the property. Elevator capacity will be limited to two people/per ride unless guests are a family/staying in the same room. The Field House gym is closed.
Opening rates will start at $325 For reservation and more information visit www.1hotels.com/central-park or call 833-623-0111
About 1 Hotel Central Park
A natural sanctuary in the middle of Manhattan, 1 Hotel Central Park stands one block south of Central Park at the corner of 58th St. and Sixth Ave. Set in an 18-story building, the hotel offers 229 guest rooms and suites, a 100-seat restaurant and bar from Chef Jonathan Waxman, communal space on the second floor available for creating a work space or relaxing and enjoying a cocktail, a 24-hour fitness center, and a three-story exterior living green wall, among additional features.
About SH Hotels & Resorts
SH Hotels & Resorts, an affiliate of global private investment firm Starwood Capital Group, is a hotel brand management company that operates 1 Hotels, a nature-inspired lifestyle brand that launched in 2015 with properties in South Beach and Manhattan; and Baccarat Hotels & Resorts, a luxury brand that made its debut in March 2015 with the opening of its flagship property in New York, with projects under development in Doha and Bordeaux. Leveraging its marketing, design, operational and technological expertise, SH Hotels & Resorts is the force behind some of the most groundbreaking and dynamic hotel brands in the world.